Alabama is one of the most beautiful states in the country, boasting mature vegetation, flowering trees and miles and miles of lush green landscape. The humid climate makes for year round greenery, plenty of chances to explore the outdoors and some beautiful lakes. Further south, the Gulf is full of salty breezes, fresh seafood and white sand beaches.
On top of that, the people of Alabama really do embody southern hospitality, a kind of charm that is hard to find elsewhere in the country. For these and many other reasons, Alabama makes a great place for a family vacation.
What’s a family vacation without a hotel though? And how do you know what to look for when choosing among the many options for low price hotels in Alabama? This list will help you determine what it is you should look for in your Alabama hotel.
- Clean interior- Of course the most important thing to look for in any hotel is cleanliness. You do not want to have your family sleeping somewhere dirty or unkempt. In the south, bugs and critters are a common sight, but they should not be anywhere near your hotel room. Make sure to give a hotel room a good once over before deciding to sleep there. Also make sure the lobby and common areas are well taken care of, clean and attractive.
- Southern hospitality- Southern hospitality is so common in the south, so you want to make sure the staff at your hotel embodies that spirit. Part of the reason people vacation in the south is to experience that hospitality first hand, so it is a necessity to have a hotel staff make you feel comfortable and welcome throughout your stay.
- Proximity to attractions- While there is a lot to do in Alabama, you may want to pick out a few specific attractions that are important to you. For example, a hotel near a casino might be a fun feature for you because it would allow for a little extra escape within your vacation. Being able to make a quick trip to a casino is a fun date night for parents, or fun for the whole family if the kids are old enough.
- A pool- Nothing is better than a pool on those hot southern days. Pools offer great, free entertainment for the whole family while also providing some exercise and relaxation too. Pools are a great way to make a vacation truly feel like a vacation, specifically if you are visiting from a place in which pools are not as common or not accessible year round.
- Charming decor- It is always nice to stay in a location that makes you feel like you are truly in a home away from home. The decor and ambiance of your hotel should feel charming and special, that way, it will make you truly appreciate every moment of your vacation even more.
If you are planning a trip to the south, you should know that Alabama hotels have some of the best prices and experiences the south has to offer.