If you are looking for the right options for straightening your teeth as an adult, then you will want to consider the many benefits of choosing to use Invisalign. Invisalign is a teeth straightening method that was developed to straighten teeth in the most inconspicuous way possible. It is a great choice for a self conscious teenager that doesn’t want to have braces or an adult that wants to correct misshapen teeth without the embarrassment of adult braces.
However, there are both pros and cons that come along with Invisalign and it is important to go over both pros and cons before making the right decision for your needs. Listed here are both the pros and cons that go with Invisalign.
Here are the pros for choosing to use Invisalign from your family dentist:
- They are comfortable. One of the greatest pros for choosing to use Invisalign is that they are comfortable. Since they are made with plastic applicators, then they will go smoothly onto your teeth and will fit over in a comfortable manner.
- They are nearly invisible. Another benefit of Invisalign is that they are nearly invisible. This means that you won’t be able to see them when you have them on. You won’t have to worry about the embarrassment of having adult braces but can also straighten your teeth at the same time.
- They work to straighten your teeth. Invisalign works to straighten your teeth. They can help fix mistakes that weren’t fixed correctly as a child or they can also help fix teeth that weren’t fixed at all at a younger age.
- They can be cleaned every night! You can also choose to clean your teeth every single night as they can be removed whenever you want.
- They can be taken out. Another benefit is that you can remove your Invisalign applicators at any time. If you have traditional braces, then you can’t remove them at all.
Here are the cons for choosing to use Invisalign from your family dentist:
- They are expensive. Unfortunately, since there are many different benefits that come with Invisalign, then there are also some cons. One of the main cons is that they are very expensive.
- They may not work for everyone. Invisalign also may not work for all dental cases. This is due to severe factors with your teeth that will need traditional wire braces to correct.
- They require constant brushing. Invisalign also requires constant brushing that is required after every meal in order to prevent staining.
As you can see, there are both pros and cons that come along with choosing to use Invisalign as your teeth straightening method of choice. If you want to learn more about your options with Invisalign, then you will want to contact your dentist. If you are looking for the right pediatric dental professional that has experience with Invisalign, then you can contact the dental experts over at Southmoor Pediatric Dentistry. They are the leading experts in dental care and can help you find the right dental offerings for your specific needs.